Why you should support UK Transplant

Posted by Debbie Quargnolo Mundy

I have received a card from the recipient of Gilly's liver, a 58 year old man who is now recovering after the transplant. I want to share his words with you.

Debbie
Dear family,

I don't think words could explain my immense gratitude to you, who in your saddest hours of bereavement and loss, incredibly, reached out to provide a total stranger with the gift of life.

The precious donor organ which I have received has given me a chance to experience a new life with my wife and family, which I never thought possible.

This rare and amazing opportunity that you have given me, come at a price that no family should have to experience and so with humility I send you my most heartfelt thanks.

I will be eternally grateful to you for the rest of my life.

May I take this opportunity to offer you my deepest sympathy for the tragic loss of your loved one, who will be forever in my prayers

No comments: